Part Time or Full Time Seasonal Work (25-40 hrs/week - overtime available but not mandatory)
Who we are:
C & V Income Tax Services is a professional tax service office, operating in London, Ontario since 1988. We specialize in the preparation of personal, business, partnerships, final and trust income tax returns. Our experienced and highly trained tax advisors consult with clients on all aspects of Canada Revenue Agency’s compliance and regulatory legislation.
C & V Income Tax Services was created in 1988 to meet the needs of our community and has grown to be the most highly awarded local income tax company, winning Best of London, Top Choice, and ThreeBestRated.com awards, among others. Our core values of Honesty, Ethics, Respect, Personal Happiness, and Compassion are weaved into everything we do.
Who you are:
You are well versed in Canadian tax legislation and preparing financial documents for individuals and small businesses as either a tax preparer or bookkeeper. You are ready for a new and exciting challenge preparing personal and non-corporate business tax returns, HST returns, and estate and trust returns. You are capable of completing tasks efficiently and accurately and handling large volumes of work in a professional manner.
What you will be doing:
● Providing world-class customer service (in person, by telephone and through email) by fielding and answering general tax questions and/or triaging and directing to appropriate staff members.
● Interviewing client and determining appropriate plan based on service requested and/or interview.
● Verifying documentation to identify cases of misinterpretation or miscalculation of data and re-calculating, as necessary, using government tables and other tools.
● Responding to inquiries from the CRA.
● Performing light office cleaning as required (including disinfecting).
What you bring:
● A minimum of three (3) years of experience in personal and small business tax preparation.
● Experience with TaxCycle Software (an asset).
● Confidence using MS Office Suite and Google Suite.
● Strong time management and multitasking skills.
● Adept at effectively triaging, problem-solving and proposing alternatives.
● Ability to work independently in a team setting with distractions; attention to detail is critical.
● Thorough understanding of and commitment to ethical behaviour and upholding the spirit of the law.
You are available and willing to work weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays from February through April.
Benefits include performance bonuses plus catered meals and incentives. We are an equal-opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion in our workplace.
We thank all who apply, however only those selected to move forward in our recruitment process will be contacted.
COVID-19 considerations: Masks are worn within the office at all times, barriers are in place, and regular sanitization is carried out.